An alarming number of Americans apparently give thumbs up to the following statements:
1. There are no facts; just opinions.
2. When science collides with mythology, always go with the myth.
3. Working people don’t need a living wage--or health care.
4. The US Constitution is a meaningless document that has no place in today’s politics.
5. The president is above the law. His actions and statements should never be questioned. He must never be investigated or charged.
6. Lying and cheating are acceptable means to our end — as is torturing children.
7. A free press is the enemy of the people. All news should come from state-friendly media (FOX cable e.g.), ala Russia, North Korea, China, etc.
8. Using public office to line ones pockets at the expense of, and detriment to, the country is just doing business.
9. The skyrocketing national debt is no problem; we’ll just print more money.
10. There’s nothing wrong with conspiring with foreign adversaries to sabotage American elections; winning is what matters.
You don’t agree with these statements? Then why do you vote for those who do?