Why does Yankton only have one K-9 officer and one (1) police drug dog for this community? What do you think?
- The COVID Circle (124)
- Letter: American Oligarchs At Play (75)
- A Familiar Crisis (49)
- COVID Emergency And Transition (42)
- Letter: Why Ban Books? (35)
- Letter: History Lesson Needed (27)
- Letter: The Politics Of Hate (21)
- Letter: Christians Are Sinners, Too! (13)
- Letter: ‘Misguided Soul’ (11)
- Bill’s Defeat Affirms Power Of Voters (7)
- Letter: Greasing The Skids For CAFOS (7)
- Let There Be Light (6)
- Lincoln Report: Trans Health Measure For Minors Advances (4)
- Letter: Pipeline Issue (4)
- Letter: The Benefits Of Nuclear Energy (3)
- Shooting Death Near Hartington Investigated (3)
- Family Farmers, Ranchers Unite to Develop Policy That Supports Their Future (3)
- Letter: Special Needs Kids (2)
- Letter: Proposed ‘Monstrosity’ (2)
- Senate OKs Property Tax Credits, Setting Up Tax Relief Scramble (2)
- UPDATE 4:24 p.m.: Hartington Suspect Charged With Second-Degree Murder (2)
- Point Of View: 'We Stand On The Facts’ (2)
- Judge orders more Trump lawyer testimony in Mar-a-Lago probe (2)
- A Man Of Impact (2)
- Tax Cuts Loom Large At D18 Forum (2)
- Yankton County GOP Meets Monday (2)
- Read Along (1)
- Residency fights could snare many Georgia voters under bill (1)
- Valuations Up: Will Taxes Follow? (1)
- As atmospheric river exits, a new storm threatens California (1)
- Swarm of quakes at Alaska volcano could mean eruption coming (1)
- 8 dead after smuggling boats capsize off San Diego coast (1)
- Pakistani police storm home of former PM Khan, arrest 61 (1)
- China's Xi wants bigger global role after Saudi-Iran deal (1)
- Letter: Helping The Homeless (1)
- Why executions by firing squad may be coming back in the US (1)
- Something Special: SO Basketball Tourney Held (1)
- Sex trafficking plea deal unending 'nightmare' for Texas mom (1)
- After Denver school shooting, an outcry erupts over security (1)
- Ejections In SD High School Sports Way Up This Year (1)
- Railroads urged to examine track detectors after Ohio crash (1)
- Pierre Report: HB 1090 Enhances State’s Agriculture Nuisance Laws (1)
- Massachusetts train derails, no hazardous cargo reported (1)
- Norfolk Southern announces safety upgrades amid derailments (1)
- Update: Escapee From Yankton Community Work Center Apprehended (1)
- Russia's economy holds up, but growing challenges test Putin (1)
- California may punish oil companies for high gas prices (1)
- Biden warns of 'MAGA' Republicans' desire to cut spending (1)
- Blinken warns Central Asia of dangers from war in Ukraine (1)
- Update: Victim In Cedar County Shooting Identified (1)
- Mississippi enacts ban on gender-affirming care for minors (1)
- Ohio senators introduce rail safety bill after fiery crash (1)
- St. Patrick's Day rites: Parades, bagpipes, clinking pints (1)
- Midwest could add more ethanol to gasoline under EPA plan (1)
- Fired Memphis EMT says police impeded Tyre Nichols' care (1)
- Atmospheric river floods California towns, brings rain, snow (1)
- Radioactive water leaks at Minn. nuclear plant for 2nd time (1)
- New Jersey seeks more offshore wind projects; foes want halt (1)
- International court issues war crimes warrant for Putin (1)
- Nebraska Officials Respond To Wave Of Fake School Shooting Calls (1)
- Nebraska Legislative Committee Holds Hearing On US 81 Expressway (1)
- El Salvador's congress extends anti-gang crackdown (1)
- Classroom Conversations (1)
- Letter: Free The Animals (1)
- Regulators: Nuclear plant leak didn't require public notice (1)
- Election conspiracy movement grinds on as 2024 approaches (1)
- Maibaum: City Mustn’t Become Complacent (1)
- Noem: Russian Invasion Of Ukraine ‘Europe’s Fight, Not Ours’ (1)
- South Dakota Received $14B In Federal Pandemic Relief (1)
- Stocks fall to cap chaotic week driven by fears about banks (1)
- Two Injured In Fall At Yankton Construction Site (1)
- Tax Cut Deal OK’D (1)
- New crew from US, Russia and UAE arrives at space station (1)
- California reparations amount, if any, left to politicians (1)
- Tax Cuts, Sunset Clauses And The Future (1)
- Las Vegas water agency seeks power to limit residential use (1)
- Tire Trouble: Potholes And Worn Tread Can Prove Dangerous And Costly (1)
- Trump cowboy found not guilty of campaign finance charge (1)
- Hunhoff Wants To Protect SAC, Develop Mall (1)
- Flight attack raises questions about security, mental health (1)
- Battle for Bakhmut takes center stage in war in Ukraine (1)
- California bill could mean more mentally ill people detained (1)
- Election-denying former Colorado clerk guilty of obstruction (1)
- COVID Update for March 1, 2023: South Dakota Sees 6 New Deaths (1)
- GOP-sought primary voter restrictions become law in Wyoming (1)
- County Discusses Priorities, Expectations For Year (1)
- Pierre Report:Revenue Matters In Flux (1)
- Kentucky man charged in officers' deaths found dead in cell (1)
- Why murder defendant was free before killings in Washington (1)
- A sex trafficking case, a plea deal and a mother's pain (1)
- Lobbyist names Pa. lawmaker she says sexually harassed her (1)
- A major bank failed. Here’s why it’s not 2008 again (1)
- Government races to reassure US that banking system is safe (1)
- Biden pushes for $1.6B funding for pandemic fraud measures (1)
- Push to require clergy to report abuse stalls in Mormon Utah (1)
- Florida teen gets life in prison for killing young classmate (1)
- As Biden weighs Willow, he blocks other Alaska oil drilling (1)
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
We interrupt this to bring you an important MISSING PERSONS BULLETIN.
Does anyone know the whereabouts of the person known as VoiceforAllTrumpsters?
He was last seen wearing a red MAGA hat stumbling out of Czeckers Sports Bar & Grill at closing time on Tuesday, November 8th.
There is no reward, but WE’RE willing to negotiate, if YOU’RE willing to keep him.
This has been a public service announcement.
This is a good question to ask. Due to retiring K9's and their officers, the city does only have the one K9 as it takes a lot of time and money to properly train both the officer and k9. I do believe the county is looking to hire a K9 Officer once the new sheriff takes over in 2023. They are wonderful assets to have in our police department. The K9 the City has right now is a hard-working, well-trained dog and I look forward to another one added in the future!
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.