Update: Monday Night Fire

Four people were displaced by a house fire on Nome St. west of Yankton Monday night. According to the Yankton Fire Department, an electrical fire, reported at about 7:10 p.m., is believed to have started with a heater unit in a dog house. It spread to a shed, then moved to the side of the house and into the attic area. A propane line was burned off, and the propane fed the fire. Two rooms sustained water damage, while light smoke damage was reported elsewhere. The Red Cross was working with the family. Firefighters were on the scene for about 2 1/2 hours. Yankton County EMS and the Yankton County Sheriff’s Office also responded to the call.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.