All Hands On Deck

Fire crews were summoned to the 400 block of Cedar St. in Yankton Monday around 3:30 p.m. for a deck fire. According to deputy fire chief Larry Nickles, the fire destroyed the deck, an air-conditioning unit and did some exterior damage to the home itself. He said the fire was caused by smoldering ashes from an above-ground wood fire pit that had been stored on the deck. No injuries were reported. Crews were on scene for around 20 minutes and the Yankton Police Department also assisted.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.