PIERRE — On Monday, Gov. Kristi Noem toured flood damage in Lake Andes and met with city and tribal leaders to discuss recovery efforts.
Noem said certain roads in the area were six feet under water, and that state, local, and tribal governments are coming together to address this issue.
Earlier this year, Charles Mix County sustained more than $327,000 in public property damage as a result of the spring storms. Individuals and business owners who experienced losses because of the storms can visit Disaster Recovery Centers to register for federal assistance and receive in-person support.
The following centers are open and available to the public:
• Yankton County: 807 Capital St., Yankton
• Pine Ridge Reservation: Old Bingo Hall, Highway 18 E and Moccasin Factory Road, Pine Ridge
• Minnehaha County: Southeast Technical Institute, 2000 N. Career Ave., Sioux Falls
• Rosebud Reservation: 200 Akicita St., Rosebud
• Cheyenne River Reservation: Cultural Center, 98 S. Willow St., Eagle Butte