Yankton Animal Control has several pets looking for their owner. If you are missing your cat or dog, call dispatch at 605-668-5210. If you wish to adopt an animal, contact Heartland Humane Society at 605-664-4244.
Daily Record Policy
The Press & Dakotan publishes police and sheriff reports as a public service to its readers. It is important to remember that an arrest should not imply guilt and that every person is presumed innocent until proven otherwise. When juveniles are released from jail, it is into the care of a parent or guardian.
It is the policy of the Press & Dakotan to publish all names made available in the police and court reports. There are no exceptions.
Due to the holiday Monday, the latest sheriff’s office reports are not available. These will be published as soon as they become available.
• A report was received at 2:34 p.m. Friday of a two-vehicle accident on Broadway Ave.
• A report was received at 7:43 p.m. Friday of a hit-and-run accident on Burleigh St.
• A report was received at 2:20 p.m. Saturday of a hit-and-run accident on Spruce St.
• A report was received at 12:03 p.m. Sunday of a two-vehicle accident on Pine St.
• A report was received at 8:27 p.m. Sunday of a hit-and-run accident on 25th St. A mailbox was reportedly damaged.
• A report was received at 12:46 p.m. Monday of an accident on Broadway Ave.
• A report was received at 8:04 p.m. Friday of a gas drive-off in Yankton.
• A report was received at 5:27 p.m. Saturday of a residential burglary on Whiting Dr.
• A report was received at 3:48 p.m. Sunday of the theft of a license plate on Walnut St.
• A report was received at 5:28 p.m. Sunday of the theft of items from a safe at a residence on Burleigh St.
• A report was received at 6:14 p.m. Sunday of a fight on W. 31st St.
Anyone wishing to report anonymous information on unlawful activity in the City of Yankton or in Yankton County is encouraged to contact the Crime Stoppers tip line at 665-4440.