The City of Yankton Street Department will begin the street seal coat program today (Wednesday, Sept. 11), and should be completed in approximately one week, weather permitting.
Streets scheduled for sealing include the following:
• W. 9th Street — Locust Street to Linn Street
• Maple Street — W. 8th Street to W. 10th Street
• W. 9th Street — Maple Street to Alley East
• Maple Street — Green Street to W. 15th Street
• Belfast Street — W. 8th Street to W. 9th Street
• Belfast Street — W. 11th Street to W. 12th Street
• Jackson Street — W. 8th Street to W. 9th Street
• Jackson Street — W. 9th Street to W. 12th Street
• Redmond Street — W. 8th Street to W. 9th Street
• Redmond Street — W. 11th Street to W. 12th Street
• Dakota Street — W. 8th Street to W. 11th Street
• West Street — W. 8th Street to W. 12th Street
• W. 10th Street — West Street to Jackson Street
• W. 12th Street — West City Limits Road to West Street
• W. 12th Street — Jackson Street to Summit Street
• Alley — W 9th Street to Lincoln School
• Alley — W. 7th to W. 8th/Locust Street and Linn Street
• Alley — W. 7th to W. 8th/Linn Street and Broadway Avenue
The process will be to oil the road and cover it with 3/8-inch rock chips. The streets will be closed to traffic during the seal coat process and opened to traffic immediately after the application. After one week, the street sweeper will pick up the excess chips that are still loose.
"No Parking" signs will be placed on the streets the day before they are sealed. Observe these signs and do not park on the streets until the work is done.
You are asked to not blow grass onto the street before the streets are sealed or permit underground irrigation systems to run water onto the streets while the "No Parking" signs are up.
In the event of rain, the process may be postponed.