Daily Record Policy
The Press & Dakotan publishes police and sheriff reports as a public service to its readers. It is important to remember that an arrest should not imply guilt and that every person is presumed innocent until proven otherwise. When juveniles are released from jail, it is into the care of a parent or guardian.
It is the policy of the Press & Dakotan to publish all names made available in the police and court reports. There are no exceptions.
• Jodi Walter, 50, Yankton, was arrested Wednesday on a probation hold.
• Erick Walters, 23, Yankton, was arrested Wednesday on a parole hold.
• Jeffrey Leander, 39, Sioux City, Iowa, was arrested Wednesday on a warrant for second-degree theft by insufficient funds check.
• Dianna Engman, 31, Wakonda, was arrested Wednesday on a warrant for violation of terms and conditions.
• Erika Jensen, 37, Irene, was arrested Wednesday on a warrant for violation of terms and conditions.
• A 15-year-old Yankton female was arrested Wednesday for simple assault (domestic), entering or refusing to leave a property after notice (order defied) and disturbance of school.
• Austin Erickson, 27, Yankton, was arrested Thursday for simple assault and entering or refusing to leave a property after notice.