Yankton Animal Control has several pets looking for their owner. If you are missing your cat or dog, call dispatch at 605-668-5210. If you wish to adopt an animal, contact Heartland Humane Society at 605-664-4244.
Daily Record Policy
The Press & Dakotan publishes police and sheriff reports as a public service to its readers. It is important to remember that an arrest should not imply guilt and that every person is presumed innocent until proven otherwise. When juveniles are released from jail, it is into the care of a parent or guardian.
It is the policy of the Press & Dakotan to publish all names made available in the police and court reports. There are no exceptions.
• No arrests were reported in the latest sheriff’s office report.
• A sheriff’s office report was received at 3:42 p.m. Monday of a non-injury accident off of Bill Baggs Rd.
• A sheriff’s office report was received at 5:19 a.m. Tuesday of a car-versus-deer accident on 444th Ave.
• A report was received at 3:29 p.m. Monday of the theft of a bicycle on 6th St.
• A report was received at 7:01 p.m. Monday of a domestic incident on Summit St.
• A report was received at 11:33 p.m. Monday of vandalism on Summit St.
• A report was received at 11:46 a.m. Tuesday of shoplifting at a business on Broadway Ave.
Anyone wishing to report anonymous information on unlawful activity in the City of Yankton or in Yankton County is encouraged to contact the Crime Stoppers tip line at 665-4440.