Yankton Animal Control has several pets looking for their owner. If you are missing your cat or dog, call dispatch at 605-668-5210. If you wish to adopt an animal, contact Heartland Humane Society at 605-664-4244.
Daily Record Policy
The Press & Dakotan publishes police and sheriff reports as a public service to its readers. It is important to remember that an arrest should not imply guilt and that every person is presumed innocent until proven otherwise. When juveniles are released from jail, it is into the care of a parent or guardian.
It is the policy of the Press & Dakotan to publish all names made available in the police and court reports. There are no exceptions.
Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, no arrests reports were available Friday.
• A report was received at 11:11 a.m. Friday of an accident on Whiting Drive. A vehicle hit an electrical box and a tree.
• A report was received at 10:11 p.m. Thursday of an accident on Fox Run Parkway. A vehicle slipped out of control and hit a mailbox.
• A report was received at 2:29 a.m. Thursday on a possible assault on E. 13th St. A relative pushed the reporting party off a bed on Nov. 26 at approximately 11 p.m. The reporting party had been in a prior accident and was now in a lot of pain from falling off the bed. The caller refused an ambulance at the time of the report.
• A report was received at 11:53 p.m. of a residential burglary on Mulberry St. It was reported that some beer had been stolen from a refrigerator in a garage.
• A report was received at 5:57 p.m. Wednesday of a wedding ring missing at W. 11th St.
• A report was received at 4:07 p.m. Wednesday of the possible theft of a vehicle on E. Highway 50.
• A report was received at 8:35 p.m. Thursday of a shoplifter. (Store address not provided.)
• A report was received at 2:16 p.m. Thursday of a sex crime on Douglas Ave.
Anyone wishing to report anonymous information on unlawful activity in the City of Yankton or in Yankton County is encouraged to contact the Crime Stoppers tip line at 665-4440.