Yankton Animal Control has several pets looking for their owner. If you are missing your cat or dog, call dispatch at 605-668-5210. If you wish to adopt an animal, contact Heartland Humane Society at 605-664-4244.
Daily Record Policy
The Press & Dakotan publishes police and sheriff reports as a public service to its readers. It is important to remember that an arrest should not imply guilt and that every person is presumed innocent until proven otherwise. When juveniles are released from jail, it is into the care of a parent or guardian.
It is the policy of the Press & Dakotan to publish all names made available in the police and court reports. There are no exceptions.
• Due to the Presidents Day holiday, the latest sheriff’s office reports are not yet available. These will be published as soon as they are made available.
• A report was received at 10:56 p.m. Sunday of an accident on Broadway Ave.
• A report was received at 1:53 a.m. Saturday of a domestic incident on E. 12th St.
• A report was received at 8:22 a.m. Saturday of vandalism on Walnut St.
• A report was received at 1:40 p.m. Saturday of a fight on E. 9th St.
• A report was received at 1:16 p.m. Sunday of the theft of money on W. 11th St.
• A report was received at 2:46 p.m. Sunday of vandalism to a vehicle on Douglas Ave.
• A report was received at 6:29 a.m. Monday of a possible sex crime in Yankton.
Anyone wishing to report anonymous information on unlawful activity in the City of Yankton or in Yankton County is encouraged to contact the Crime Stoppers tip line at 665-4440.