Several animals are available at the Yankton Animal Shelter. For more information call the Yankton Police Department’s Animal Control Officer, from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday at 661-9494, or 668-5210. A $5 fee is required to adopt an animal. Animals can be viewed on the Humane Society Web site at www.heartlandhumanesociety.net.
Daily Record Policy
The Press and Dakotan publishes police and sheriff reports as a public service to its readers. It is important to remember that an arrest should not imply guilt and that every person is presumed innocent until proven otherwise. When juveniles are released from jail, it is into the care of a parent or guardian.
It is the policy of the Press and Dakotan to publish all names made available in the police and court reports. There are no exceptions.
• A report was received at 9:20 a.m. Wednesday that a car left the roadway in the 1000 block of Burleigh and collided with a sign.
• Christopher George, 21, Yankton, was arrested Monday for violation of a protection order.
• Jose Salas Jr., 43, Yankton, was arrested Monday for interruption of emergency communications.
• Derrick Lande, 26, Yankton, was arrested Tuesday for first-degree theft by a series of insufficient funds checks.
• Joshua Wuestewald, 21, Yankton, was arrested Tuesday for simple assault.
• A report was received at 4:45 p.m. Tuesday that two men were in a pushing match in the parking lot of Prairie Pumper in the 900 block of Broadway. An officer advised the individuals that such behavior is not tolerated in public. They agreed to talk out their differences.
• A report was received at 11:16 p.m. Tuesday that a window had been broken out by two rocks in the 300 block of West Third St.
• A report was received at 7:21 a.m. Wednesday of a burglary at a business along East 31st St.
Anyone wishing to report anonymous information on unlawful activity in the City of Yankton or in Yankton County is encouraged to contact the Crime Stoppers tip line at 665-4440.