Several animals are available at the Yankton Animal Shelter. For more information call the Yankton Police Department’s Animal Control Officer, from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday at 661-9494, or 668-5210. A $5 fee is required to adopt an animal. Animals can be viewed on the Humane Society Web site at www.heartlandhumanesociety.net.
Daily Record Policy
The Press and Dakotan publishes police and sheriff reports as a public service to its readers. It is important to remember that an arrest should not imply guilt and that every person is presumed innocent until proven otherwise. When juveniles are released from jail, it is into the care of a parent or guardian.
It is the policy of the Press and Dakotan to publish all names made available in the police and court reports. There are no exceptions.
• A report was received at 9:03 a.m. Sunday that a 2009 Toyota Camry driven by a Yankton woman collided with a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant driven by a Sioux Falls woman in the 600 block of Cedar. Estimated value of the damage to the vehicles was $2,800 and $3,150, respectively. The Yankton woman was cited for a stop sign violation.
• Victor Aulman, 25, Yankton, was arrested Friday for aggravated assault and interruption of emergency communications.
• Tracy Arens, 27, Yankton, was arrested Friday on a warrant for failure to pay fines on two speeding tickets.
• Eric Leise, 28, Yankton, was arrested Saturday for simple assault.
• Otis Meaux, 31, Norfolk, Neb., was arrested Saturday for possession of marijuana, a warrant for failure to appear on a protection order violation and a warrant for failure to appear for a change of plea hearing.
• A report was received at 2:22 a.m. Saturday that two individuals had broken out a window at an apartment building in the 300 block of West Third St.
• A report was received at 9:25 a.m. Saturday that a vehicle had butter and apple sauce put on it.
• A report was received at 7:06 p.m. Saturday that a Coleman power washer was stolen from the east side of the bowling alley in the 3000 block of Broadway.
• A report was received at 7:39 p.m. Saturday that a man was intentionally infected with HIV by another man. They had been in a fight, and a bite had taken place.
• A report was received at 9:36 a.m. Sunday that a men’s bathroom at Memorial Park had been vandalized. An estimated $400 in damage was done to a toilet after someone had placed a firecracker in it.
• A report was received at 5:45 p.m. Sunday that a window had been broken at a residence in the 300 block of East Seventh St.
• A report was received at 11:28 p.m. Sunday that the back window of a vehicle parked in the 100 block of East Third St. had been damaged. Estimated value of the damage was $800.
Anyone wishing to report anonymous information on unlawful activity in the City of Yankton or in Yankton County is encouraged to contact the Crime Stoppers tip line at 665-4440.